FTU – The Mask Within – FTU
This tutorial was written by me Fairygem on the 18th January 2016 and is all my own creation. Any resemblance to other tutorials is purely co-incidental and not intended.
For this tutorial you need to have a working knowledge of layers, Masks and plugins.
You will need :-
Paint Shop Pro-I am using X5 but any version will work.
Tube of Choice-I am using the awesome art of Arthur Crowe a new tube called Nightflower-You can get this HERE but please do not use the same tube as me without a proper license.
Scrapkit of Choice-I am using a beautiful kit by Tasha’s Playground called Broken Dreams which you can find HERE.
Mask of Choice-I am using Vix bigmask005 which you can find HERE.
Sparkles of Choice-You can find a lot on Deviantart just search for sparkles.
Font of Choice-I am using Alex Brush which you can find HERE.
EyeCandy 5-Perspective Shadow
Eye Candy 5-Gradient Glow
Ok lets begin……..
1. Open new image 650x650. We can resize when finished.
2. Open Paper 1, resize 90%. Copy and Paste as a new layer. Find Mask and load, delete and merge group.
3. Open Frame 3, copy and paste as a new layer. With the Magic Wand click inside the frame and expand by 10.
4. Open Paper 6 and resize by 85% twice. Copy and paste as a new layer, selections Invert and delete excess paper. Move this layer below the frame.
5. Go back to the frame layer and give it a dropshadow of 6, -2, 35 and 4.93.
6. Open your tube and if using the same tube as me choose what colour you would like the dress to be, I chose Silver as it goes with the kit perfectly. Copy and Paste the tube as a new layer, and resize by 70%.
7. Go to your freehand selections and draw around the puffy part of the dress, see my image to help with the selection. Delete this part of the dress then move into position. I moved mine to the bottom left of the frame.
8. Sharpen the tube and add a dropshadow. I used Eye Candy5 Perspective Shadow with the settings below:-
9. Open Pillows Element, Copy and Paste as a new layer and move to right side of frame bottom. Give a dropshadow previously used.
10. Open Clock Element and resize by 90%. Copy and Paste as a new layer moving it behind the pillows. Give a dropshadow previously used.
11. Open Bottle Element and resize by 55%. Copy and apste as a new layer moving to the centre bottom of the frame. Give a dropshadow previously used.
12. Open Flower 1 and resize by 75%. Copy and Paste as a new layer moving to bottom left. Duplicate and mirror placing next to each other (see my tag for reference). Merge together and give a dropshadow previously used.
13. Open Hairpin Element and resize by 80%. Copy and Paste as a new layer moving to the top right corner of the frame. Go to free rotate 14% right. Make sure all layers is unchecked. Sharpen.
14. Open Butterfly Element and resize by 65%. Copy and Paste as a new layer placing on the hairpin. Sharpen and give dropshadow previously used.
15. Open Ribbon Element and resize by 55%. Copy and Paste as a new layer placing under the butterfly.
16. Open Candle Element and resize by 65%. Copy and Paste as a new layer placing in front of the pillows. Sharpen and give dropshadow previously used.
17. Open Goblet Element and resize by 70%. Copy and Paste as a new layer placing it next to the candle element. Sharpen and give dropshadow as previously used.
18. Add a new layer and find your sparkles brush. Change your foreground colour to white #fffff. Add your sparkle covering your tube slightly and more onto the elements.
19. Add your copyright and relevant license number.
20. Go to fonts and find your Alex Brush font. Add your name then give it a gradient glow settings as below.
Save as a PNG
That’s it we are done I hope you found my tutorial easy to follow. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. I would love to see your results so that I can share them on here.